Thursday, December 15, 2011

Today, I am reflective

Today is Abby's 13th Birthday.   She has opened her presents and has a pedicure scheduled for this afternoon.  I'm picking her up from school for her "appointment".  Shhhh.  Don't tell anyone.  :)  

And while I LOVE birthdays and celebrations, today I am reflective about them.

Not sad.  Just thoughtful.

I'm thinking of how 13 years ago, I was in labor for 15 hours, because Miss Abby just took her time.  Charlie took 6 hours, and I thought a second baby would come faster.   But, Miss Abby just showed me right then and there that she was in control.  Not bossy, she just knew what she wanted.  

She still has that quality.  And I love it about her.  It's a quality that will serve her well in life.  I'm so proud of the young woman she is becoming.

I know it is my job to prepare my children for the real world.  I know they need to make it out there on their own.  And they will. But for now, I'm going to hold on tight.  For now, they are mine.  Mine and CAA's.  :)

Thanks for letting me get my feelings out!  Tonight I will post pics of the birthday girl.  Tonight is a celebration of Abby.  And her cousin, Josh, who shares the same birthday.  Happy Birthday, Josh!!  I hope 14 is a great year for you!

But until tonight, here is a pic of my last "baby", Wally the dog.  He was just groomed and he looks great!  The groomer in Omaha lets the dogs play after their appointment.  When I went to pick him up, he was at the door with his tail wagging. 

Isn't he just adorable?  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thirteen!?!
    I don't believe it! You have two teens in the house now. Crazy. Well, I agree, that Abby is an exceptional young lady. I would love Addie to follow in her footsteps!

    ReplyDelete